Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sad

Tomarrow is hubby's grandma's funeral. This is the 3rd grandparent we've lost in the last 8 months. It sucks. I am thanking the heavens that I was able to take a picture of Saxton with his great grandma. That's something I'll never be able to do with my grandma or grandpa who've passed on.

Deciding whether or not to take the kids to the funeral is such a hard decision to make. They know her. Xavian just realized tonight that his grandpa's mommy is who has passed away. It was so hard to see the look of realization on his face. Korra, however, just doesn't quite understand. She knows people are sad, but why they're sad isn't super clear to her.

We will all be at the dinner/post funeral get togther.

Times like this make me wonder how the kids would react if hubby was killed in the line of duty. How much would they really understand? Would attending their daddy's funeral be trumatic to them? I hope we never have to find out.

Rest in peace, Grandma S.

Oh, and by the way, my birthday also happens to be tomarrow. Not sure how to feel or think about that.

No comments: