Monday, February 16, 2009

You Know It's Bad...

When you return from a weekend off-line, and you get bombarded w/ e-mails from on-line friends asking if you are okay.

Ladies, I AM OK. I promise. I was away. And then home and being romanced by my hubby. And then away again. Oh, and I chased the dog all over town town Saturday AND Sunday morning.
.
What did I do while I was away, you might ask? Wellllllll....
.
On Friday (I spent some time online, just not a lot), I was a mom helper for Korra's Valentine's Day party, and then took my sewing machine to the Singer doctor for a cleaning and tune up. While at the mall (where the shop is), I ran into my good friend L (she hosted the apple cider party last fall), and we visited for a bit. And I got a Mall Security ticket for parking in the fire lane while unloading my heavy sewing machine. My bad.
.
On Saturday, I drove to Scrap Happy (just me & the baby!!!!) and scrapbooked (translation: gabbed) the day away. While there, I bought this:
.
.
The Provo Craft Cricut Expression, which included School Days (?) letters cartridge and a shapes cartridge. I bought the Fairy Tales letters cartridge too. (Confession: I took it out of the box last night, stared at it, and that's it. It scares me. What if I break it? It cost a good chunk of change.)
.
And when I returned home, we fed the kids grilled cheese and shipped them off to bed. I took a couple pics of Saxton & Daddy while Korra and Xavian ate their dinner. Then, DH & I made homemade fettuccini alfredo (mmmmmmm want more), drank a large bottle of wine, and watched No Reservetions staring Catherine Zeta-Jones.
.
.
Sunday, we went for a drive all the way over to Sharon/Hermitage to shop at Kraynak's and Pat Catans. Xavian got REAL MRR track, we bought seeds, some birthday gifts for 2 boys, yarn (my new addiction MUST be fed), more scrapbooking stuff, and J got stuff for his MRR. Korra, somehow, didn't get anything new. I just realized this. Now I feel bad. Oh wait-we got 2 wooden fireplaces for 2 bedrooms in her Barbie house. Whew.
.
2 doors down from Pat Catans was a Verizon store. New phone time!!! We each got one of these:
.
.
Palm Centro Smart Phones. I feel important =P (Pouting a bit because they only had navy blue. I wanted yellow or pink. Boo.)
.
We ate dinner at the Quaker Steak & Lube. The first and original one. Yummy, yummy wings! And magna fries! And Lube chips covered in cajun sauce and bleu cheese crumbles! And Unleaded Lubinades! Wing flavors: Arizona Ranch (J's fave) and Pennsylvania Garlic (my fave). Now I want to eat the left over wings we brought home.
.
So, there you have it. Don't be jealous. I played off-line all weekend! And now, we are cleaning the house. How does a house get so messy when I'm not home?
.

No comments: