Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Handmade Christmas

I know, I know. It's the day before Thanksgiving & I should be respecting the turkey. But, like most moms (& dads), I have to start thinking and working on Christmas long before the man in the red suit makes his first appearance and churches light the first Advent candle.
.
Like many of my friends, online and in real life, we are attempting a mostly handmade Christmas morning. Some things will be bought. It would be too much on myself & J if we were to try to make everything.
.
To help others who are attempting the same idea, I thought I'd post a sampling of what has been/will be made with love to sit under the tree
.
Sewn:
*Napkins for lunchboxes
*Children's clothes
*Barbie clothes
*Alterations from thrift store found prom dresses to dress-up clothes
.
.
Knit:
*Socks
*Sweater
*Ornaments
*Hats, scarves & mittens
*Barbie & Ken sweaters
*Cotton washcloths
.
.
Crafted:
*Hairbows
*Ornaments
*Candles
*Raw sugar body scrubs
.
.
Canned & Cooked:
*Jellies
*Salsas
*Pickles
*Candies & cookies
.
.
It's a lot of work, I won't lie, but I started working on things this summer, and am excited about every item as I put it in the chest at the foot of our bed. It's quickly filling up!
.
.
.

No comments: