Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hawt.

One perfectly fitting dress under my belt, and I'm feeling confident! (I'll show off the dress once the hem is set. My 401A, with all it's many stitching glory is having a factory only part replaced)
.
As my luck would have it, JoAnn's had one of their big pattern sales going on when I was there on 10/30. So I gave a peek.
.
The first pattern I snagged, a Vintage Vogue, I've actually had my eye on. But the $25 price tag, even at JoAnn's usual 40% off was too pricey. The sale had them at $3.99, and I pounced!
.
.
I think the lines of this dress are incredible. And hopefully a little, or a lot, slimming.
.
While leafing thru the drawer for my first pattern (the patterns were a little mixed up), I ran accross my 2nd $3.99 bargain:
.
.
Love this dress. J says to make it in a rich shade of a lighter green. I'm still trying to figure out what he meant. Maybe he means a richer shade of chartreuse?
.
The Butterick patterns were $1.99, or was it 99c? Hrmmm. Oh well, doesn't matter. They were cheaper than normal.
.
So I looked thru the book, hoping to find something with structure (a must with my figure), when I found this vintage wrap dress.
.
.
This dress is so simple in design! Perfect for whipping out a couple to wear in the summer. I love a nice, light summer dress with good lines, and this is it!
.
So there you have it folks. I bought 3 patterns that I can't touch until January, because I am a busy bee prepping for Christmas. Lots of Christmas presents to knit and sew. 2 rooms to paint in the next 2 weeks. 3 big meals to prep and cook. And a birthday party to prepare and throw.
.
Craziness!
.
.
.

1 comment:

joes_love said...

if i didn't love you so much, I'd hate you. those are going to be awesome dresses!