Friday, August 14, 2009

I Knit Because I Can

And I'm not too bad if I say so myself!
.
Here's a pair of shorties I made using Dying to Fly's Inspiration 2 colorway on peace fleece. The pattern is by Itchy Fingers.
.
"Wait! Dad! Are you taking both of them and not me?!"
.
.
"I can't believe you would leave me!"
.
.
"Fine. I'll drive myself."
.
.
Another Itchy Fingers patterned piece (hey if it works, then don't mess with it!). I made these longies using Sensations' Black and White Licorice that I bought at JoAnn's.
.
.
.
.
Of course, I pay other people to knit for me, too.
.
Why? Because I can.
.
Smarty Pants Knits' scrappy shorties to finish out this summer and to wear all of next!
.
Squishy softness on Marr Haven.
.
You may be jealous and cry now.
.
.
.
These I am going to keep this next set forever.
.
Another Smarty Pants Knits creation, these train longies' yarn was dyed w/ engineer's overalls in mind, and the train silouette was free handed.
.
.
.
I won the next pair of upcycled woolie board shorts in a FFS (free for shipping) drawing on Hyena Cart. The funny thing is, I almost didn't enter the drawing because I wasn't sure if they would fit.
.
They fit!
.
"Who me? I'm not trying to fingure out how to get on the dining room table. I'm just pretending to be a pirate. Land ho!"
.
.
.
My life would never be complete if I didn't get to make trades.
.
Thankfully, other mama's agree!
.
These island embellished shorties were knit by Smarty Pants Knits, and came from a fellow EFFer's home. She's already said she may want to buy them back for her in-utero baby, so don't get your hopes up of seeing these offered up when Saxton outgrows them!
.
.
The final pair of wool you see has lived in 3 homes. The knitter's, a buyer who decided that she didn't like ends not weaved in, and sold them super cheap to me. In case you're wondering, I wove the ends in. I took all of 15 minutes. Her loss, my gain!
.
The colorway is unknown, but the yarn is Marr Haven. I think they either look like a fall colorway or a tiger. What do you think?
.
"Grandma? Do you see what I have to put up with?!"
.
.
.
I have another pair to be on Oi Goi's needles right now. The colorway is inspired by the different colors of pears at harvest. I'm sooooo excited!
.
Is it legal to love wool this much?
.
.
.