Monday, August 24, 2009

More Than Irritated with US Postal Service

I'm quite bitter with them, actually.
.
I shipped my SIL a package that included some maternity, a couple things for the baby, and something for my nephew. It all fit in a flat rate envelope, and I put DC and insurance on it. I watched the package go through 2 sorting/distribution centers and waited impatiently to call her and ask if she liked what I sent. I check the DC # on the 4th day after I shipped, and it said it was in LAS VEGAS. How did a package from the east coast, headed to OK, end up in Nevada?!
.
That's when the package quit moving. According to the USPS, the package has never left Sin City. And, that was almost a month ago.
.
So I called the USPS to make a claim, since the package was insured. Which is a NIGHTMARE. They haven't been helpful, nor friendly. I'm supposed to fill out forms and show receipts (I bought the effing maternity at a yardsale and the clothes receipts were tossed a long time ago.) I asked them what if it was an antique or family heirloom. How does one show a receipt for that??? I swear the girl leered at me on the phone.
.
Thanks for making me look like a douche, USPS. You have been nothing but a biitch to work with lately. I think I want a shipping divorce.
.
Can anyone tell me if you can e-mail gifts?
.
.
.

No comments: