Monday, August 17, 2009

They're Here!

My new washer and dryer are here!
.
I know I sound over-hyped about these things, but I have researched these for 2 years and just dropped over $2,000 for the set (with warranties), and they are my laundry pals for the next 20 years. Did I mention it will cost less than $20 a YEAR to run them?!
.
Sadly, we opened the flooring to find that the "great for Kitchens, Batherooms, and Basements!" vinyl was backed with PAPER. WTF? I mean, I've never ever seen a perfectly dry 100 year old basement in my life, let alone a 2 year old dry basement. So we took it back. And J talked me into garage paint. HOWEVER, there is 100% vinyl flooring that looks like hardwood and floats (designed for cement floors), that I spoted. It'll cost $250 just to do the laundry space, but if I buy a pkg a month, I'll have the flooring I really want by February. The garage floor paint will be an extra layer againt the moisture, which I can definately still appreciate.
.
I put the old washer and dryer on Freecycle.org for my area, and they were snatched up quick! Turns out that the lady who got them runs a licensed daycare center with state paid kidlets. But, our state budget still isn't passed, and while they passed a bill for the state employees to get paid, lots of "contracted" aren't. She hasn't been able to make payments on her washer and dryer since June, and she has to return them. So, while my old ones aren't new or pretty, they are workhorses who get the job done. And someone who truely needs them, is getting them.
.
Sorry, no pictures yet. Will show before and after pics when it's done though!
.
.
.

No comments: