Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FABULOUS. Peroid.

I have such Fabulous moments in my life.
.
Take yesterday for example:
.
I had lots to do. And not a lot of time. I also have a couple projects that even to be done by midnite Thursday night. And that required a trip to JoAnn's and spending $6. It almost cost more. Like a speeding ticket more.
I was in the checkout line at JoAnn's when my cell rings. "Hi, is this Korra's mom? Would you please come and get her? She threw up."
FABULOUS.
I am 40 minutes from my house, and because of construction, almost 50 minutes from the school.
"Okay, sure. I be there in about 45 minutes. I'm running errands down south today."
I pay for my purchase, grab Saxton and speed out of the mall and load us into the car. As I'm fishing out my keys, I realize that in about 25 minutes, J has a friend comming over. When the friend arrives, I'm supposed to wake J up.
FABULOUS.
I take a deep breath and think reasonably, "Just get to the house, wake J no matter if his friend is there or not and then drive to the school and get Korra. No rush."
I drive. I sing with the radio. I notice a patrol car at an intersection, but think nothing of it. I stop at the stop sign and make my turn. And then I follow the car in front of me. and then I see the flashing lights.
I don't know what is more embarrassing:
A. Getting pulled over for speeding twice in less than 6 months (I really am not a fast driver!)
-or-
B. Being friends with the person who just pulled you over and knowing that she's going to give you husband hell over it.
-or-
C. Having the school call 15 minutes after you get pulled over to tell you that it's not your child who threw up, it was someone else. "Sorry for the mix-up"
.
My face is still RED.
.
DH lectured me this morning. Not that I didn't tell him, but to hear from a co-worker, well, he had to remind me that we need snow tires and to get into the "winter driving mindset."
.
*sigh*
.
I think I shall drown my sorrows in candy corn and apple cider. Or hot chocolate. I don't think I have any homemade cider left in the freezer.
.

.
.

No comments: