Saturday, September 19, 2009

It Looked Like Fall Today

I don't know why I feel like it snuck up. Maybe because we never really had real summer weather for more than 48 hours this year?
.
I drove to Erie today, and the day was so clear that Lake Erie swollowed the horizon line in a way that can only happen when the air gets crisper. The orchards were full of fruit, and the vineyards had droopy grapes hanging. It was really hard not to pull over and taste! The trees leaves are changing colors, and leaves are strting to litter the ground.
.
Breathe taking scenery.
.
The kids have been back in school for 3 weeks now. I've been trying to be more organized this year, so that we don't miss the bus and have to drive into town. We've had 2 late mornings so far, but the first happened when the alarm clock died (how do I kill these things?!) The second when I had MOPS, and was dropping Korra off on my way. Life happened, and we were late by 5 minutes. The kids are making an honest effort to dress, eat, brush teeth, and comb hair in the timeframe allotted. I'm proud of them!
.
In my be on time effort, I've taken the making sure everything they need to go out the door is in one place.
.
.
So far it's working!
.
It wouldn't be fall without BTS pics, so here they are!
.
Xavian looking suave:
.

.
And a very excited Korra outside her classroom door:
.

.
.
.

No comments: