Sunday, September 20, 2009

If it's not one thing in life, it's another

I had big plans today.
.
Huge plans, really.
.
I slept in. When I woke, I started making marinara sauce to can. I knit some on a project for Saxton with a goal in mind. I was going to do the usual Sunday changing of sheets on everyone's beds. The kids were going to clean their rooms so that I can vacuum tomorrow morning. I was going to finish 3 sewing projects. I was going to call family and say hi.
.
Life can change plans in the blink of an eye.
.
2 hysterycal children can change everything.
.
A child's bleeding head always changes everything.
.
It could have been so much worse. Xavian finally managed to get up into the tree by his sandbox. The next step was to make somewhere to sit. But branches are round and hammers are heavier at one end than then other. That hammer fell 10 feet and whacked Korra in the head.
.
Holding your heart yet?
.
J was OOT for the day. The neighbors were home, thank goodness, and they kept the boys so I could take Korra to the ER. For an ER visit, it wasn't horribly long, only 3.5 hours. But the stress of waiting in an overcrowded space, with an injured child, sucks.
.
The CT scan came back good. But the external swelling detered the dr from actually stitching the small gash. Korra's best friend is now an icepack and children's motrin.
.
We have follow-ups to do, including another CT scan. Korra home from school for a day. And I get to wake her up 3 times a night for the next couple.
.
Thank God that this isn't what it could have been!
.
.
.

No comments: