Saturday, September 26, 2009

I've Been Knitting Again

I like this knitting thing!
.
This fall weather jumpstarted my need to knit for fall, winter and Christmas. My needles have been clicking away. I'm sure my sewing machine being re-tuned has played a part, but still, at least I like knitting as much as sewing!
.
Of course, I needed to do a photo shoot with Saxton and these adorable longies and hat I made. The only thing cuter in these pictures is him, and I made him too! Ha!
.
We started the shoot by playing on the big slide,
.
.
.
Then we got down into the leaves.
.
.
With a Yummy Earth Mango sucker.
.
.
But even the sucker couldn't keep him out of the sandbox
.
.
And then I put the hat on him and made him MAD!
.
.
So, he got cookies too!
.
.
The green multi-media tee came from AlexandAndy on Etsy, the undershirt is a plain white longsleeve tee I dyed using black tee, the hand painted Marr Haven came from Alligator Knits on Hyena Cart, the longies pattern is from Itchy Fingers on Ravelry, and the hat was made using Ky Baby Knits Hudson Pattern.
.
Can I just say how much relaxing knitting is, how exciting it is to see things grow from a skein of yarn, and how accomplished I feel when I finish a project? I love hearing people say, "you made that?!" My kids, and J, wait impatiently to see what I'm making and for who. It's quite halarious! And is going to lead to a Christmas morning full of (I hope) "I really hoped you'd make me one!"
.
I challenge you to learn something new and see where it takes you!
.
9 months of knitting, 11 projects completed, 2 on the needles, and 5 planned.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Jendbp81 said...

Those look great!! I would love to learn to knit!! But I have no idea where to start!