Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Came Father's Day, Then It Went to the Birds

True story.
.
Sunday was, of course, Father's Day!
.
We ate dinner at Fat Dogs, which is this obviously very awsome gormet on the side of the road and at the edge of a cliff hot dog joint. Napkins optional.
.
Here's a proud Daddy, and his 3 kiddos:
.
.
.
.
Monday, is the part that went to the birds.
.
Er, the chickens anyway.
.
J put the shingles on the roof!
.
.
And since he was working on the coop, I thought that I'd hang with him and paint the primer on the coop's walls.
.
Before paint:
.
.
After paint:
.
.
Can you tell a difference?
.
The paint was left over from 4 years ago when we had to do touchups so that the house would pass the VA inspection. And it was left in the garage. Where it has froze and thawed more times than I want to know. I tried stirring it by hand, but that was a big fat FAIL. So J got me a beater that goes in your electric drill. And now, the paint is mixed!
.
Me and my frizzy unstyled hair mixing paint with power tools:
.
.
I mix paint like a girl.
.
*wink*wink*
.
.
.
And, finally, the 3 famous chickens:
.

.
clockwise from left:
Penelope, Gertrude, & Ethel
.
All I have to say is, get to layin, Ladies!
.
.
.

No comments: