Friday, June 19, 2009

Today's Yard Sale Finds!

I was happy as a clam this morning digging thru the delights other people want out of their houses, lol!
.
So, short & sweet, here's the bargains:
.
$4.75 for this pile of fabric & 2 embriodery hoops, plus a 3 yard section of Chriatmas fabric that my son dropped in the mud while helping carry things into the house that is, obviously, not pictured
.
.
$2.25 for this shelf and handmade doily for Korra's room
.

.
$5 for all these vintage hankies (either crafting with them or re-selling on Etsy)
.

.
$10 Name brand clothes for Xavian, including 2 shirts with the tags still on them
.

.
$1 for a couple sets of jammies for Korra
.

.
$.25 for this wire basket for J and his gardens
.

.
And, introducing my find of the day, a 1963 made in Canada, Singer Model # 285 J!
.
.
.
The sticker said that it doesn't work
.

.
So I asked if she knew what was broke on it. She said that the belt slips. So I looked at the belt:
.
.
No wonder it slips! It's too old! That's an EASY fix!
.
It's in really great shape, and has lots of neat details (besides the fun color!)
.
The model number and serial number plate is in poerfect condition:
.
.
The cast metal machine's bottom has easy to read identifying markers:
.
.
It even came with lots of it's accessories, including the zipper foot and a yet to be identified foot:
.

.
Did she sew with this thing??? The foot pedel shows absolutely NO wear!
.

.
One last peek:
.

.
Isn't she pretty?!
.
.
.

3 comments:

The DIY Show Off said...

Great finds! Lucky you! LOVE the Singer! Beautiful!

Knock On Wood said...

You are just collecting sewing machines now, aren't you?! So cool! Great finds!

casserole said...

I just picked one of these machines up at a rummage sale this morning. Belt was also worn out. No one could tell me anything about the working condition (other than the belt, which I pointed out to them) so they just gave it to me. FREE! My husband replaced the belt this morning and says it runs fine. I haven't used it yet -sigh - as there's been too much going on today. Sigh... Anyways, congrats a few months late on your purchase!