Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Operation Save the Front Porch Summer, Part 1

The front porch is in sad condition, and has been for a couple years, but the house had more pressing concerns up to now. This summer has been declared "Save the Front Porch Summer!" by the H & I. He's replacing the roof over the 4th of July weekend, and I am currently removing 100+ years of paint from the rails and around the windows, and on rainy days (like today) I work on the decor. We are also remortering (is that a word?) between bricks and stripping and repainting the floor and the lattice work that goes around the bottom of the porch.
.
More before pictures are located here: http://thejenni.girl.googlepages.com/home.
.
So, here is the before pictures of how thick 100+ years of paint can be:
.


.
Here is what it looks like stripped down (It took me about 3.5 hours to get that much done):
.

.
Look close, and (hopefully) see all the details that have covered by so much paint:
.

.
And, here is the handmade cushions in their current progress (I still have to add gromets and ribbons for ties, and dimple the cushions w/ the pictured glass beads):
.

.
(I got the table & chairs at a yardsale for $20, and scrubbed them w/ a wire brush and repainted glossy black w/ rustolium paint)
.

.
(My FIL got us the 2 matching loveseat sized benches)
.
.
And, just for fun, my hanging baskets I got from a local nursery for $10 each!
.

.
.
.
.
.









No comments: