Sunday, October 25, 2009

Does a 6 Year Anniversary Make You Old?

I hope not!
.
We had a lovely anniversary weekend. Almost perfect.
.
Saturday, my FIL & MIL came and picked up Xavian and Korra for the night, and took them to the Zoo Boo.
.
Sans Thing 1 and Thing 2, J, Saxton & I went out for a late lunch and shopping for J a new pair of jeans. Then, our wonderful neighbors took Saxton for the evening, and J & I dressed up as a Midevil Lord & Lady and went to a really awsome Halloween party! Sorry, no pic of J & I. I thing everyone else got pictures of us on their cameras, but neither of us thought to make sure we were on ours.
:::blush:::
.
The party was a blast! It was costume required, with wait-staff, and an open bar. A very open bar if you catch my drift! "Oh, was that a Jack & Coke? Let me splash some Coke into that for you."
.
My FIL returned the kids around noon today, and seeing how the weather was sunny and warm-ish, we took the kids to a local corn maze.
.
Someone should have warned us about the mud!
.
.
Xavian did most of the navigating, with Korra chiming in
.
.
And J was a good Daddy and husband by braving the muddiest of mud to punch our maps at a few of the checkpoints
.
.
Saxton ran the haybale maze a couple times (yay! for toddler friendly activities too!)
.
.
Xavian and Korra each took a try at milking the "cow" in the barn
.
.
.
I *thought* I would get some really cute pictures of the kids with this monster of a pumpkin, but Saxton wanted NOTHING to do it! And so, we now have a picture of a very angry Saxton. Who seemed to just really dislike that particular pumpkin, because I tried to go back and try for a good picture about 15 minutes later, and he screamed the instant he was taken near it.
.
I hope the pumpkin didn't take it personal.
.
To finish out our weekend, we drove to the bridge where J asked me to marry him, and poked around.
.
.
It's so nice that Xavian is old enough to hand a camera!
.
I told J this morning, "If I knew everything we would go thru, the very worst of it, I'd still marry you. The good stuff makes it 100% worth it."
.
He said, "Me too."
.
.
Love you, J! Happy anniversary, honey!
.
.
.

No comments: