Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Amazing Blessings of Friends

Back, just before Thanksgiving, a friend and her family went to India. And landed at the air port in Mumbai-the day of the terrorist attacks.

What was so frightening to all of her friends here in the states (we had no clue if she or her family were safe!), must have been multiplied by a billion and then some, for herself and her husband. The relief when she finally was online and letting us know that she, her husband, and their 2 small children were okay, was overwelming.

They are safely home again, in the United States, and I'm sure traveling very soon is far from her mind. For a long long time.

Despite being faced with terrorism, she took the time to get gifts for friends. Which is aw-inspiring to me! Today, I found a box in the mail from her. Inside were metal Indian bracelets for Korra, and glass bangles for myself. They are, without a doubt, beautiful! I feel so blessed to have her as a friend!




No comments: