Sunday, November 23, 2008

Flip This Barbie House! The Living Room

The story behind the house:
My dad, mom & some family friends (Richard & Ruby) made me this doll house for Christmas when I was 8. It's built out of 3/4" plywood, stands 4 feet tall, 4 feet wide, is 2 feet deep, and sports 6 tool box weight steel castors. It has 7 rooms and features a brick patio (well, a patio that once had brick & someday will again).
The doll house spent 5 years stored in my in-law's chicken coop, and we gave it to Korra last year for her 4th birthday. It has taken awhile, but I have finally gotten around to remodeling the rooms!
I started with the livingroom.
All the rooms are in this current condition to begin with:


This is the living room with fresh laid and unfinished hardwood floors, and recently painted green walls

I have been framing the windows with wood strips left from the floor. I would like to put plexiglass windows in eventually.
Here is the finished livingroom! The rug, green sofa and chair were made by my talented grandmother D, the wooden furniture was given to me by my late and much missed Grandma G. the curtains were made from scraps from me making my new diningroom drapes.
Barbie & her BFF Teresa pose on the sofa

Ken admires the new fireplace
I'm so proud of this room! Of course it sets the standard for the other 6 rooms, but I say, "Bring it on!"

No comments: