Monday, November 3, 2008

We Made Crayons (How To)

Like every American family with children old enough to color, we have/had a tub of broken crayons. With some online inspiration from others, I decided we would "remake" our crayons instead of tossing them.

Here's how we did it:

Xavian, Korra & I sorted the crayons by basic color. Then, I had Korra & Xavian start tearing all the paper off all of the crayons.



I used my small sauce pan & a small foil bread pan. I filled the pan full of water and brought it to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, I set the foil pan into the boiling water. We started with the lightest colors and worked our way through the rainbow, so that we only used one pan. I stirred the crayons gently occasionally as they melted.




While the crayons were melting, we oiled a mini muffin pan. Once the colored wax was completely melted, it was poured into the muffin pan.




Once they cooled, I used a sharp knife and popped them out!



Easy Peasy!

No comments: