Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Treasure?

I'm getting ready for my yardsale this weekend. It's a lot of work, but such a big payoff. It is hard to sell certain things. It's all stuff, but there are so many memories attatched to so many things.

Like the tablecloth my grandmother made me when I was little. Last year, I saw it and thought, "clutter!" Today, I see it and remember how excited I was when she gave it to me. It's nothing fancy, just polyester cut in a circle w/ red lace sewn around the edge. I'm pretty sure she made it w/ some cheap fabric she found and meant nothing major about it. And, I highly doubt she thought of it as heirloom quality. But seeing it today made me stop. I miss her. And it's something that reminds me of her, of who she was. She adored all of us grandkids. She delighted in making us things, like this tablecloth.

So, I put the tablecloth to the side. Maybe I'll give it to Korra to play with. Or, maybe I'll put it away, just to keep. Today, I don't think I want to sell it or give it away. On the other hand, Xavian's sandals from last summer, despite the places we went while he wore them, will be going.

No comments: